WCC, an AmeriCorps program housed within Ecology, serves outdoors year-round to protect and enhance Washington’s natural resources. We also deploy, as needed, on local and national disaster response. By joining the WCC, you might find yourself planting native trees or shrubs along rivers and streams, improving forest health or building trails.
WCC projects could take you across the state to construct fencing, maintain backcountry trails or respond to a disaster. We cover food and lodging for our members if overnight travel is involved.
What types of positions do you offer?WCC is recruiting on all 55 crews across the state through Oct. 3. Joining a crew means serving alongside four other members and a supervisor to complete restoration or trails projects. Some crews travel more than others. Learn more about our crews on our website!
WCC also offers an internship program called the Individual Placement (IP) Program. IPs serve individually with natural resource organizations across the state. These unique positions might monitor streams, survey fish, design restoration projects, map beaches, collect samples, create outreach materials or perform a host of other environmental tasks.
The details...Interested in joining WCC? Check to see if you qualify:
- No experience? No problem!
- You must be a Washington State resident
- You must pass a background check
- You must be 18-25 years old, but age restrictions do not apply to Gulf War era II veterans, reservists and dependents
What do you get?As a WCC member, you will make $9.47/hour. You will also earn an AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,775.00 for education after completing 1700 hours and your 12-month term.
Other benefits include:
- Basic health insurance for full-time (12-month) members
- In a new partnership with Walla Walla Community College, WCC members can now earn up to 18 college credits during their time in WCC
- Two weeks of paid training in career-transferable, environmental courses
|Click through to see examples of WCC AmeriCorps projects!|
Learn more and apply online today to become a member of WCC: