To promote more salmon-friendly shorelines around Lakes Washington and Sammamish, an interagency team in the Lake Washington/Cedar/Sammamish Watershed (WRIA 8) has started a Green Shorelines Blog.
The blog is aimed at local people but may be useful for other lake settings. It provides a platform for sharing case studies about shoreline projects, updates on policies and projects, and information you can use to communicate about improving salmon habitat and shorelines.
Posts to date include:
- Kirkland’s innovative decision tree for shoreline development.
- The first of several posts on green shoreline FAQs.
- Madrona Woods: a volunteer restoration project.
- Meydenbauer Beach Park: Bellevue’s visionary plan to connect the beach with downtown.
- Green Shores for Homes, which will develop a rating system and incentives for green shoreline projects.
- List of publicly accessible green shoreline demonstration sites.