You can learn more about Ecology's brownfields program on our website.
What will I learn?The workshop will kick off with a regulatory overview, covering topics from the economics of brownfield reuse, to uses of vacant and underutilized land and buildings, as well as issues unique to agricultural land. Presenters will share successful case studies from Wenatchee and Kittitas County. Ecology and the Washington Department of Commerce will talk about tools and grants to get moving on your brownfields sites.
See the agenda and speakers here.
Other topics include:
- Grants: State and Federal
- Due Diligence and Your Responsibility
- Working with Private Property Owners
- Redeveloping Agricultural Areas and Town Centers
- Public, Private, Non-Profit, Community: How Can You Help?
- Ask the Expert
Who should attend?
- Project Managers (public, private, and nonprofit)
- City Planners
- Construction Managers
- Redevelopment Managers
- Environmental Attorneys
- Practitioners engaged in the acquisition, funding, and development of properties
The Brownfields Workshop is Tuesday, Sept. 18, 10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. at the Yakima Convention Center.