This fall, Ecology held a public comment period on changes to the agreed order (legal agreement) for the Rayonier Mill site.
The agreed order now includes cleanup work during the City of Port Angeles’ combined sewer overflow (CSO) project. The materials management plan describes the interim action (partial cleanup) tasks on the Rayonier Mill property.
We have finished reviewing the comments and questions we received during the comment period. We have responded to them in a responsiveness summary. We have also added a new section to the materials management plan to clarify several things about which we received questions and comments. The new material management plan section is called an addendum. The responsiveness summary and addendum discuss:
- Managing soil stockpiles temporarily and longer-term.
- Over-excavating and managing remaining contaminated soil.
- Managing and treating groundwater and stormwater.
- Managing materials other than soil.
- Managing de-watered sediments.
- Related reports and specifications.
You can read more about these on our website.
You can read about the work going on now on the Rayonier Mill property in this blog post.