Since November 2011, we have been hard at work removing contaminated soil and restoring landscaping for our first group of properties.
We’re right on schedule and should wrap up work on the 24 properties this spring. As cleanup for this group winds down, work on the next group of properties is already under way.
With so much work to be done there’s no time to waste. We have two areas of work planned for the next year:
- Cleanup work is scheduled to begin in April or May for about 60 properties located along 5th and 6th streets and East Marine View Drive (near 8th and 9th streets). Ecology is currently working with these property owners to finalize cleanup plans for their individual properties.
- We will also clean up property in the Everett Housing Authority’s Grandview Community. Work will take place in the fall of 2012 and will continue through May 2013.
That’s not all. We’ve also starting work with the property owners who are scheduled for cleanup in 2013. These properties will be mapped out and sampled this spring.
Want to track our progress? There are several ways to find out what’s happening:
- Ecology’s website: Check out the latest information page to get the most recent information.
- You can also check out our new photo gallery to see our progress first hand. Photos are updated regularly.
- Office hours at the Baker Community Center on Tuesday morning (9 a.m. to noon) and Thursday afternoon (1 to 4 p.m.).
- Look for our updates in the mail. If you are not on our mailing list, please email me at Meg.Bommarito@ecy.wa.gov, and I will add you to the list.