Let’s end the week with a few news and notes about Puget Sound:
- First, here’s a piece from KPLU on local fishermen commenting on the Gulf of Mexico oil spill disaster. You can read it, plus listen to the audio of Liam Moriarty’s report. (In case you’re interested, you can mind more of Moriarty’s reporting.)
- You can track what Washington state is doing to help respond to the Gulf spill.
- Here’s a piece from the Seattle PostGlobe website on a cruise line deciding to stop dumping wastewater into Seattle’s Elliott Bay. Good news.
- You can follow the Puget Sound work being done by Ecology’s Toxics Cleanup Program. Watch for some upcoming announcements on more projects aimed at cleaning up and protecting the Sound.
- And if you’re looking to have some fun on the Sound’s waters this weekend, you can head to the Anacortes Waterfront Festival.