|Photo of Port Angeles |
by James Perkins (via Flickr, Creative Commons 2.0.)
Are you interested in an update on cleanup work in and around Port Angeles Harbor? Join us in Port Angeles Tuesday, May 9, at the Klallam Heritage Center. The open house will start at 6:30 p.m., followed by a presentation and Q & A session.
Although there isn’t a public comment period associated with this meeting, it's a great opportunity for us to update you about the cleanup and for questions and discussion.
- Finishing cleanup work at the K-Ply site, including removing more than 50,000 tons of contaminated soil from the site
- Integrating new standards into our sediment cleanup plans for Western Harbor and Rayonier that do a better job of protecting human health
- Finishing a study that helps us define cleanup levels for the North Olympic Peninsula region
- Where we are in the cleanup process at each of our cleanup sites around the harbor
- What we anticipate as we move forward
We look forward to seeing you there!
If you have questions about meeting arrangements, please call Megan MacClellan at 360-407-0067.
Public open house
Port Angeles Harbor general cleanup update
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
6:30 – 7:00 Open house
7:00 – 8:00 Presentation and Q & A
8:00 – 8:30 Open house
Klallam Heritage Center
401 E 1st St, Port Angeles