Monday, July 2, 2012

Three vacant positions on ocean policy advisory group

By Jennifer Hennessey, Shorelands and Environmental Assistance Program

Photo source: Dept. of Natural Resources
Do you know someone who might be interested in helping direct and guide ocean policy and management issues along Washington’s Pacific Coast?

Ecology is seeking to fill current vacancies on an advisory group for ocean policy. We need experts to help represent three distinct interest groups:
  • Energy
  • Recreation
  • Tourism

Advisory group helps State Ocean Caucus

The group advises the State Ocean Caucus – an interagency team made up of the governor’s office and state agencies with a management role or expertise in ocean and coastal issues. Ecology coordinates this team and formed the advisory group on behalf of the State Ocean Caucus.

Nominees needed for energy, recreation, and tourism interests

We need experts to fill three vacant positions covering energy, recreation, and tourism interests. We’re looking for people interested in and knowledgeable about ocean and coastal issues on Washington’s Pacific Coast – western Clallam and Jefferson counties, and Grays Harbor, Pacific, and Wahkiakum counties.

The unpaid advisory group will meet about four times a year. Members will serve up to a three-year term and may be reappointed. The Coastal Advisory Body will review nominations received and provide recommendations to Ecology Director Ted Sturdevant who will appoint the members.

How to nominate a candidate

Ecology must receive all nominations by 5 p.m. Friday, July, 13, 2012.

Any group or individual can nominate a candidate to the advisory group. We also accept self-nominations and candidates don’t need to be affiliated with an organized group.

Nominations must include specific information – see our online directions for nominations. Nominations can be sent electronically – or mailed to:

Jennifer Hennessey
Washington Department of Ecology
PO Box 40173
Olympia, WA 98504-7600

For more information, contact Jennifer at or call 360-407-6595.

No comments: