In early June, Ecology contractors began work on 55 additional properties. Work will continue through the summer and fall and will wrap up in early November.
Ecology is also finishing sampling properties that will be included in the cleanup schedule for 2013 and 2014 this summer. This fall, Ecology will share the results of summer sampling with property owners and meet with those included in the 2013 cleanup group.
We want to keep you in the loop. Several methods will be used during the construction season to keep the property owners in the cleanup area and the general community updated on our work. These include:
- Ecology’s website: Visit our Everett Smelter site to get the latest schedule for work and check out the photo gallery.
- Watch the video: Everett Smelter Cleanup — What does cleanup look like?
- Site signs: Three signs have been established in the cleanup area where people can get the latest information. We will be posting flyers at the end of each week that will detail work to occur in the following week. Signs are located at
- 518 Winton
- 5th Street
- 906 East Marine View Drive
- Written material: We have fact sheets, posters, kids activity sheets and brochures available. These can be found online or you can call or email us for copies. Fact sheets will be mailed out a couple times a year with project updates.
- Presentations: If you’d like Ecology staff to come and speak to your community or neighborhood group, let us know.
- Local information line: This is a local Everett line. Our staff will return your calls within 24 hours. Call (425) 530-5169 with questions or concerns.
- Public meetings: We will hold public meetings each year to share information about our progress and what’s next on the schedule. The latest meeting was held June 21, 2012.